A teaching resource for Grades 5 - 8 Social Science and History, exploring the Canadian people, history, culture and achievements reflected within our capital.
The lessons and activities explore:
- Canadian culture, identity and symbols
- Government, citizenship and democracy
- Canadian stories, heroes and celebrations
The resource includes
SMART Notebook® lessons are available for download here.
- Full Teacher's Guide with detailed lesson plans, extension activities and all student materials
- A map of the national capital region
- Photo cards of capital sites for use in activities
- Additional handouts for download
View a sample lesson here
how can I get a copy?
To order or download a copy of The Gathering Place , please enter the following information.
Thank you to our partner
|Created and distributed on behalf of the Department of Canadian Heritage. |
Documents on this site are in PDF format. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download it for free: