Classroom Connections has been working with Aga Khan Foundation Canada to create an innovative new elementary teaching resource for use in Grades 5-8 Social Studies, Social Sciences and Geography.
Bridges that Unite is designed to support education about:
- Canada and the world
- Global citizenship
- Democracy, action and participation
- World geography, cultures and economies
The student activities engage youth in thought-provoking dialogue on global issues, resource inequity and quality of life around the world. The material challenges youth to rethink typical assumptions about development by highlighting Canada's successful experience in helping communities to address the root causes of poverty and to mobilize their own resources to find solutions. Moving beyond charity, students explore how collective action and capacity building can raise the standard of living in vulnerable communities around the world.
The resource includes
- A bilingual teacher's guide with lesson plans and all student materials
- A world map, created by the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)
- Online connections and support materials
- An activity insert to enhance school visits to the Bridges that Unite exhibition
how can I get a copy?
To order or download a copy of the Bridges That Unite resource, please enter the following information.
You can view a sample of this resource (below) in order to determine whether you would like to download the full resource. There is no information required to do so.
Bridges that Unite
BTU_sample_en.pdf (PDF, 1 MB)
Thank you to our partners
|Aga Khan Foundation Canada
|Bridges that Unite
Documents on this site are in PDF format. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download it for free: